Michael Bártek gives his first organ concert at his new position of organist in Richterswil
reformed church Richterswil (ZH), Switzerland
with Floris Onstwedder – trumpet
'Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott'
works by Praetorius, Reger, Karg-Elert, Tomasi etc.
Organ recital at the Basilica of Assumption of Mary and Saints Cyril and Methodius
Works by Mozart, Bach, Franck, Dupré, Mendelssohn, Eben, Litaize
Participation on a new CD for a jubilee of 'Späth Orgelbau' (Switzerland)
Four organists are playing works by famous composers on wonderful organs by Späth
Please purchase by e-mail by Späth, link above
Welcome on my website! Music is my life. By birth Czech, after long studies of pipe organ over European universities, as a perpetual and curious student I continue my studies now in Zurich. As a concert organist, I appear through Europe. I am a soloist as well as chamber musician: collaboration with other instrumentalists, singers, choirs, and also painters is for me very important. I am open-minded and versatile, like Bach, Wagner, Franck, Gershwin... In the last years I am very interested in conducting which I study now in Switzerland and exercise by different choirs. I like to arrange music of varied genres for various formations and improvise on the piano by every opportunity.
After eight years of playing in churches of Strasbourg, I am working now in Switzerland like a church organist of the Evangelical Reformed Church of the Canton of Zurich, but I play also in catholic or other churches. I accompany choirs like organist. In years 2010-2016, I was teaching organ in the Protestant Organ School of Strasbourg (AFORGEP) so if you are interested in organ or piano lessons, please contact me.
I study since 2017 at the Zurich University of the Arts choral conducting, church music and organ pedagogy. Since 2019, I conduct Kantorei Schwamendingen in Zurich. As choirmaster, I have made experiences with various choirs : Mixed Choir Wiesendangen, XiF Furttal, Kantorei Regensdorf, Pleasure Singers, Women Choir of the Salvation Army of Zurich, Choir of the tř. Kpt. Jaroše High School in Brno and other.
Like singer during many years I was a member of the famous children’s choir of the Brno Philharmonic Orchestra Kantiléna.
I was born in 1984 in Brno, Czech Republic. I am starting the piano lessons at the age of seven, the organ of fourteen. My first organ teacher was Marie Karasová. In 2000-2005 I continue the organ in the professional level at the Brno conservatory by Zdeněk Nováček and Petr Kolař, in 2005-2009 at Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts (JAMU) in Brno (by Věra Heřmanová and Pavel Černý). Before obtaining the bachelor degree, I leave Czech Republic for Strasbourg, where I collect my first foreign experiences under the programme ‘Erasmus’ in the organ class of Christophe Mantoux. This experience strengthens me in the further studies abroad.
In the years 2009-2012, I study Master Professionnel in Strasbourg by Christophe Mantoux and his wife Aude Heurtematte. Both are distinguished Parisian organists. My graduation’s concert theme is ‘Organ transcriptions from the Wagner’s Ring’. Apart from organ, I am very interested in the ancient harpsichord music, which I study by Aline Zylberajch (Diplôme d’études musicales in 2012), as well as in the baroque and Renaissance organ music (by Martin Gester) and in the basso continuo (by Francis Jacob).
In 2013, I also receive a master degree at the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (organ class by Pavel Černý). In 2014, I enrol at the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich in the class of Bernhard Haas (historically informed performance of organ music). I also continue there developing my skills of basso continuo by Michael Eberth and graduate in 2017 with a further master’s degree. Since 2017, I study at the Zurich University of the Arts choral conducting (Markus Utz, Beat Schäfer, Marco Amherd), church music and organ pedagogy (Stefan Schättin), and this also in master’s degree.
Like a concert organist, I play across Europe, I have had a chance to play some of the most beautiful European organs. My repertoire is wide, from old masters till contemporary music, including jazz and popular music. I like to collaborate with choirs, instrumentalists, singers and painters.
Teaching belongs to my very favourite occupations. After teaching piano in Czechia, I was teaching organ during six years (2010-2016) at the Protestant Organ school in Strasbourg AFORGEP.
I am a laureate of the International César Franck Competition 2010 in Haarlem (1st Prize and a Public Prize), International Organ Competition Alexander Goedicke 2011 in Moscow (3rd Prize) and Competition of Young Organists 2002 in Opava (3rd Prize).
Beside my activity of concert organist I am a church musician. 2010-2016 I was organist in parishes in Strasbourg ; since 2017 I work for the Evangelical Reformed Church of the Canton of Zurich in Switzerland. Since autumn 2019, I conduct Kantorei Schwamendingen in Zurich.
• since 2019 – direction of the Kantorei Schwamendingen in Zurich
• since 2017 – studies at the Zurich University of the Arts, master in choral conducting (Markus Utz, Beat Schäfer, Marco Amherd), church music, organ pedagogy (Stefan Schättin)
• since 2017 – organist by the Evangelical Reformed Church of the Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
• 2014-2017 – studies at the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich in Germany, master in historically informed performance of organ music (Bernhard Haas)
• 2010-2016 – organ teacher at AFORGEP, Protestant Organ school in Strasbourg, France
• 2010-2016 – organist in Strasbourg
• 2011-2015 – organ teacher at the music school of Sarre-Union, France
• 2013 – organ recital in the Chartres cathedral
• 2010-2013 – studies at the Université de Strasbourg and at the Conservatoire de Strasbourg, ‘Master Professionnel’ and ‘Spécialisation’ in organ (Christophe Mantoux, Aude Heurtematte) ; diploma in harpsichord (Aline Zylberajch) ; basso continuo (Francis Jacob), ancient organ music (Martin Gester)
• 2012-2013 – studies at the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, master in organ performance (Pavel Černý)
• 2012 – first appearance at an international organ festival (Audite Organum, Prague)
• 2012 – master recital in St. Paul’s in Strasbourg with transcriptions from Wagner’s Ring
• 2011 – 3rd Prize at the International Organ Competition Alexander Goedicke, Moscow, Russia
• 2010 – 1st Prize and a Public Prize at the International César Franck Competition in Haarlem, Netherlands
• 2005-2009 – studies at the Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts Brno, bachelor in organ performace (Věra Heřmanová, Pavel Černý)
• 2003-2009 – piano teacher, Újezd u Brna, Czech Republic
• 2008 – Erasmus stay at the Conservatoire de Strasbourg (Christophe Mantoux)
• 2000-2005 – studies at the Konzervatoř Brno, organ (Zdeněk Nováček, Petr Kolař); piano and harpsichord
• 2002 – 3rd Prize at the 2nd category, Competition of Young Organists, Opava, Czech Republic
• 1995-2000 – studies at the Gymnázium Brno, tř. Kpt. Jaroše 14, Brno, Czech Republic
• 1993-1998 – singer (soprano) in children’s choir Kantiléna, Brno, Czech Republic
• 1998-2000 – music school ZUŠ Smetanova, Brno, organ by Marie Karasová
• circa 1991-2000 – music school ZUŠ Smetanova, Brno, piano by Marie Karasová